Bylaw No. 2/06
g) "Owner" means an owner as defined in. The
"Property" means land or buildings or both
j) " Structure" means anything erected or constructed, the use of which requires temporary or permanent location on, or support of, the soil, or attached to something having permanent location on the ground or soil; but not including pavements, curbs, walks or open air surfaced areas.
4. Unless otherwise specified, the owner of a property, including land, buildings and structures, shall be responsible for carrying out the provisions of this Bylaw.
5. NO person shall cause or permit a nuisance to occur on any property owned by that person.
6. Not withstanding the generality of Section 5, no person shall cause or permit a building or structure to deteriorate into a ruinous or dilapidated state such that the building or structure:
- a)Is dangerous to the public health and safety
- b)Substantially depreciates the value of other land or improvements 1 in the neighbourhood; or
- c)Is substantially detrimental to the amenities of the neighbourhood
7. Notwithstanding the generality of Section 5, no person shall cause or permit an unoccupied building to become damaged or to deteriorate into a state of disrepair such that the building is an imminent danger to public safety.
8. Nbtwithstanding the generality of Section 5, no owner or occupant of land shall cause or permit the land to be overgrown with grass or weeds.
For the purposes of this section, "overgrown" means in excess of 1 metre in height.
- 10.This section shall not apply to any growth which forms part of a natural garden that has been deliberately planted to produce ground cover, including one or more species of wildflowers, shrubs, perennials, grasses or combinations of them, whether native or nonnative, consistent with a managed and natural landscape other than regularly mown grass.
- 11.Notwithstanding the generality of Section 5, no person shall cause or permit any land or buildings to become untidy and unsightly.
- 12.Notwithstanding the generality of section 5, no person shall cause or permit any junked vehicle to be kept on any land owned by that person.
- 13.Notwithstanding the generality of section 5, no person shall cause or permit any basement or excavation to exist which is dangerous to public health.